If there is a common thing between a digital camera and a traditional one, it is the fact that both types have to be kept clean. This need is not just for the sake of appearance, but for performance as well. A clean camera can take better pictures.
Many camera owners however are reluctant to clean their cameras on their own. This reluctance is mainly due to the fact that they are fearful of damaging the equipment. They are aware that the camera is a sensitive piece of tool and that any improper mishandling of it could result in it getting damaged. Repairing a traditional camera is a relatively simple when compared with repairing a damaged digital camera. Sometimes one would be better off buying a new camera than trying to repair an old one. That is how expensive it can be.
How to clean your digital camera
In order to help you in your quest to learn the proper way of cleaning your digital camera, here are some tips that you can follow:
- You would need the following when cleaning your digital camera:
- A piece of soft cloth.
- Cleaning paper meant for camera lenses.
- Cleaning fluid meant for lenses.
- A small soft brush.
- Refrain from using pieces of cloth that has particles on it as well as paper that is rough. Do not use canned air since it can drive small particles inside the housing. Do not use rough brushes on your camera.
- Make sure that you turn the camera off before you start cleaning.
- Now blow gently on the camera lens to dislodge any loose particles on it. Keep in mind that you have to do it gently so as not to damage the camera. Then gently brush the surface of the lens.
- Start using the piece of cloth and gently clean the lens with it.
- If the cloth does not remove the dirt on the lens then use a small drop of lens cleaning fluid on it. Remember to use only a small drop. That should do the trick.
- Once you have cleaned the lens your next task would be to clean the LCD. You can use the cleaning paper for that. Gently rub the surface until all of the dust particles have been removed.
These are just some of the simple tips that you can follow when it comes to cleaning your digital camera.